12 new chickys to be shipped tomorrow! Updated with pics

I have 25 Silkies coming tomorrow. I lost 13 in 2 hours week ago from this heat.
hit.gif

So I had to have some more.

Quote:
Ooh, that must have been an sad day!
sad.png
We had some really hot days back in July (upper 90's into the 100's) which is VERY hot for here in Western PA, it's the winters I am always worried about but we survived last year with no losses.

Awe, that is so sad. I'm worried, but am hoping for the best. It's nice here today so hopefully everything will turn out OK. So neat to see others that are waiting for their babies. I want to se PICTURES! I'll get mine up as soon as I can take them. LOL, GOOD LUCK everyone!
ya.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

It had been 110 degrees or so for over a month. I had been out everyday every single hour, it would still be in the upper 90's at 9 PM.
he.gif

First day of school I was gone 2 hours!!!!!!!! I didn't know whether to be mad or cry.
hit.gif

And thanks yall.....
hugs.gif

So exciting for everyone! My first batch of chicks will be coming from Ideal in 2 weeks. I ordered materials to start our coop build this weekend. I need to get a brooder together.

86540_img_4531_medium.jpg

86540_img_4530_medium.jpg

86540_img_4532_medium.jpg

86540_img_4534_medium.jpg

Light Brahma Chicky
86540_img_4533_medium.jpg

The little chicky I'm concerned about. Most likely my one and only speckled sussex? she drank just a bit so I'm hoping that is a good sign.
86540_img_4535_medium.jpg

KBugs, how cute! Hope your little Speckled makes it ok. Drinking is a good thing. I'm wondering what the other dark chicks were? I just dropped mine off at the house and headed back to work. My son is settling them in and I had to hurry, so this is the only pic I've got right now. I'll try to get a better one when I get home. I got 10 Speckled Sussex, 5 Australorps, 3 Buff Brahmas, and 2 Anconas. One of the Anconas is a little drowsy, but I think she'll be ok. The only problem I had was they forgot to put in the GroGel. More pics everyone?

OK, so I think that the one i am/was worried about is NOT the speckled sussex. I have a little one that has an all brown head. I think that is the ss. The black ones are 2 production blacks, 2 EE (very happy to have gotten some dark ones) and 1 Black Jersey Giants. The brown are 2 Welsummers, 2 GLW,, and 1 SS. the 2 yellow are light brahmas. No extras! YAY!

Back
Top Bottom