12+ Paint Silkie eggs - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
I've just put 40 eggs from this Paint pen into the incubator and the hens are still laying, so I'm offering these to my fellow BYC members. I will send everything laid from this pen between now and Monday - at least 12 and probably quite a few more. I've been getting 2-4 eggs a day from this pen. I don't have any chicks from this pen yet, so can't share any pictures of the babies, but I'm really looking forward to my hatch. Because breeders are reporting better skin melanization and less pigment holes when crossed with recessive white, I've put this cockerel with some of my nicest white pullets, including the reserve champion pullet at this year's western nationals. The cockerel was purchased from Deb Steinberg at Fawke's Feathers and I think he is just gorgeous. He has very dark skin and comb, dark eyes and beautiful paint splashes all over. More pics of the cockerel are posted below. Please be aware that not much is known about the genetics of paints - some chicks should be paint and some will probably be white. It is unknown if these solid colored chicks from paint breedings carry a gene for paint.

My flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I pack my eggs with great care in order to get them to you in the best possible condition, but unfortunately, cannot guarantee your hatching success. There are just too many things that are out of my control once I hand them over to USPS. However, check my feedback - my customers have had great success with their eggs and the resulting offspring.

Payment via paypal is due at auction's end to [email protected]. PLEASE be sure to pm me with your shipping address (it does not always show up with the paypal notice) and a phone no. if you want it on the box for pickup at the post office when your box arrives.

You can see more of my silkies on my website at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. I rarely get a chance to get it updated so please contact me if you are looking for something specific.

Kelar,

Your offspring should consist of 25% paint babies, and the rest could be white, black, blue and possibly even partridge. Your babies should have very nice foot feathering, these paint babies have really impressed us in that department.

I have a super nice looking blue showgirl from my paint breedings.

You have a nice looking boy there!

Thank you! It's always hard with predicting outcomes of hatches even when you know what the percentages should be - I'm hoping for at least a few little paints running around:) As with everyone who has been working on this color, I just can't wait for the hatch!

Now that 25% could vary a little. I haven't hatched any partridges yet, but others have. I have only hatched paint, white, blue and black so far. Gives those whites a few days to show their spots, some of them are not hatched showing the spots, but they get them a few days later. Kind of odd, but that is the way they are developing for some us so far.

You will be jumping up and down when you hatch your first paint!

Yep them spotted babies are so darn cute!
love.gif

he is soo very gorgeous!!! I'm not ready for the silkie eggs yet but as we previously discussed in pm's i will def keep you posted in the next 2weeks
smile.png
i think your silkies are just stunning. awe im excited for you and will be crossing fingers for you and little baby paints!!
smile.png
smile.png

Kelar has stunning birds, I am sure those babies are going to be gorgeous! The whites and black offspring have been proven to carry the paint gene ( a percentage of them). I believe Jerry has bred both colors back to each other, if I'm not mistaken and they produced paint babies
smile.png

Update on numbers - I have 17 eggs from this pen right now, not including what is laid today and tomorrow. So should end up being 18+ to ship to the winning bidder:) Thanks everyone for your nice comments - I'm very excited about this project.

Back
Top Bottom