12 week old leghorn smaller than the rest by alot, open mouth, closed eyes and no crop?

electrifyniall

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
My leghorn has its mouth open and its eyes are closed, she has no crop and she's bony and smaller than the others. My other leghorn which is the same age as her is thriving and is the biggest chicken in the group. What's wrong with my chicken? Her poops are normal and she's "averagely active" but she tends to sleep more and run less than the others. Please help :(

Last edited:
You mean, she ALWAYS has her eyes shut? I have a hen that's looking weight, not moving much, and doesn't move much. But my hen's poop is all clear an liquidy, so my bird an your hen probably don't have the same problem. I hope that she starts feeling better, and I'm sorry I can't help you more.

You mean, she ALWAYS has her eyes shut? I have a hen that's looking weight, not moving much, and doesn't move much. But my hen's poop is all clear an liquidy, so my bird an your hen probably don't have the same problem. I hope that she starts feeling better, and I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Arg, autocorrect! I meant losing, not looking.

Sorry I didn't update on this, she died about a week after this post was created. RIP
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom