1202 incubator quit heating. Need help please on fixing it.

chiknhut

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Winston County, Alabama
My DH bought me a GGF 1202 incubator and it had been running fine at constant temp and humidity. It had been running for about 5 days before I decided to put eggs in. This morning I went to check on my 3 week old chicks and the bator. The temp gauge on the outside said 55 degrees. So, I opened to check the therm. that I have setting on the shelf inside and it said 55 also. I took the eggs and put them in the styrofoam bator I have going in the house but it is overfull. I hope to find out what to replace to get my temps back so I can move the eggs back into the 1202. My question is what could be wrong with it? Would it be the wafer thermostat. If so do I replace both of them or could it be something else to cause it to quit heating?

My DH just went and checked it out. He took the back off to look at it and within a few minutes the temp went from 55-68. He thinks there is a wire that is loose since it started heating quickly. I will be ordering a heat element and extra wafers just in case he is wrong. Thanks.

DOES IT HAVE ONE OR 2 WAFERS IN IT? YOU CAN BUY THE PARTS FROM CUTLERSUPPLY .COM. IF YOU HAVE A PHONE NUMBER EMAIL IT TO ME PRIVATELY AND I THINK I CAN HELP.

Back
Top Bottom