12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aircells draw down a lot at the end of incubation.
I was just a bit concerned, but when I saw how much they had increased in size, and saw my little ones moving around in there, I was satisfied everything is on track.. This will be the last of Charlie and Henrietta's eggs as Charlie left the farm for a bigger farm.. He was just humoungus and my hens are medium to small. Have to say his two kids are now out sizing my others. There's Prince and Charlotte.. Both look like BCMs.

It has begun. I swear I see rocking when I don’t, and I hear a bird outside and think it’s a chick. Of course both of these things could be happening, but they’re not! I’m just a loon.
You were right - my one that was internally pipped at the wrong side of the air cell has rotated around and is now positioned properly. :thumbsup

I hear a bird outside and think it’s a chick

Oh my goodness, I did this like the day after I set mine. A northern cardinal outside my window had me staring into the incubator with so much intensity. 🤣 I swear, I know what the local wild birds sound like, but every time I have eggs in the incubator my brain goes away at any sound with the slightest resemblance to peeping.

Oh my goodness, I did this like the day after I set mine. A northern cardinal outside my window had me staring into the incubator with so much intensity. 🤣 I swear, I know what the local wild birds sound like, but every time I have eggs in the incubator my brain goes away at any sound with the slightest resemblance to peeping.
... and then when you put them outside! Oh! My! GOODNESS!!!! :th Put on your fitness tracker, you’re going to have 12,000 steps by lunchtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom