12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I helped made it out. Sadly lost a second one, started to zip, then stopped. Another pip near the center of the egg. Looked fine when I opened up.... maybe suffocated. 🤷‍♀️
Pic is the guy that made it out. Extra gooey, but otherwise looks ok.
20210404_091939.jpg

Happy Easter Everyone! View attachment 2598676

My hatch is officially complete!
First hatch 3/26/21-3/27/21: 100% (started with 22, No infertile, No quitters, 22 live chicks)
- Polkies (Silkie/Polish Crosses)
- 9 eggs were unwashed and collected within 2 weeks
- 13 eggs were washed and stored in the refrigerator for about 3-4 weeks. (she lost her hen so we figured what’s the harm in trying!)

Second hatch 4/3/21: 71% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 48, 3 infertile, 13 quitters, 32 live chicks)
- Blue/Black Silver Birchen & Wheaten Marans from Gypsy Hen (1 infertile, 5 early quitters, 1 late quitter that was dwarfed, short pudgy little toes, legs, beak, and neck)
- Lavender & White Ameraucanas, & a few Olive Eggers from Gypsy Hen (2 infertile, 7 early quitters)
- 50 eggs received, 2 were cracked so I didn’t set them. Set 48 eggs.

Overall I'm really happy with my hatches! Good luck to those that are still hatching and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! View attachment 2598677

Brooder of fluff.
View attachment 2598688
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great hatch!

I need advice!! So i have 10 eggs in incubator .. today is day 18 and .. one of my hens become broody today ..and funy things is that she is biological mother to 5 eggs in incubator.. can u give her chiks when they hatched or is better to give her eggs now.. i think its better that she lay 2 days and then give her chiks ..what do you thnik? Anyone with experience??

Can belive this happend and i put egggs in incubator just for jer beacuse she is my favorite.. i would love let her be Mother but i dont want more chicks this year 😨

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_173702.jpg
    IMG_20210404_173702.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom