12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock down last night. Everyone looks good except 3 or 4. This will be the most chicks I've ever hatched in one go. So egg-cited 🤣 to see what my crosses look like! Speaking of that, I've got an array of breeds in my collection lol, Whats your favorite cross?
I really like my RIR + SLW and RIR + GLW crosses. What are yours? 🤩

@casportpony i had all 3 hatch that I set for the hatch along. :)
C2AC57B6-082B-42E2-8EE5-4B75D74CA109.jpeg

Oh my gosh! What kind of Incubator is it???? I need to never get one. Lol
It's a Little Giant, I forgot the model but it's a still air. (I never bought the fan kit for it). It's weird because it did great for a while then it randomly does this. It did this last year too if I remember right. Caught it in time both times, thankfully. Ended up having to put it at 102.3 to get it to hold at 99.5. Then it started going really hot again so I'm back down to 101.7. 🤪 It's frustrating. It also looks like there are cool spots in it. If I move the thermometer to different locations, it varies by 2 degrees. :he

Today it showed the humidity was 80% and then while I was watching the readout, it changed to 44%, and I didn't open the lid... so apparently, that's broken too. :barnie

Yeah, I do not recommend it. 😛 So far, I have five hatched, so hopefully it will last until the others hatch... :fl

I used a Govee sensor for my recent hatch and only one of five hatched. I am convinced the humidity readings were wrong but I was also using a poorly built incubator so I can't say for sure that this was the problem. I just felt like it was always reading way lower that it should have.
2A757526-AFEC-4BBF-B021-77D805F609A2.jpeg

Hi everyone, hope your hatches are going well!:fl The following people are people that set eggs. If any of you on this list have your final hatch numbers, will you please let us know how many hatched? We need your final hatch numbers to finalize one of the contests. If you aren't done hatching, don't worry, just let us know the number when you are done.
I set 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚eggs but only seven were fertilized. 🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣 ducklings hatched! :bun

I think one of my chicks is going on 36 hours... 😬
IMG_7630.JPG

The one on the left has been over 36 hours... I very gently made the opening a little bigger just so I could see inside to made sure she was alive. I saw a little blood on the underside of the membrane, so I didn't open it any further. Seemed to be breathing okay, chirping okay, but isn't making progress... was supposed to hatch Sunday. (I put the egg in on the 14th.) How long should I give her and if I do have to help get her out, how would I do that? (Sorry the photo is a little fuzzy, I didn't want to open the lid and let out humidity. I have two others pipped in there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom