12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Gah I still can't decide what type of chicken I want to hatch. We just like a variety...but since its an easter hatch its hard not to want to just fill the whole incubator with EEs

Other people in your local area may need your extra chicks so might as well set the eggs!
(Just learned about the current USPS embargo on live animals)

I just have egg producing hybrids that haven't really gone broody :(
I'm getting some bantam cochins this year though, so I'm hoping they'll go broody often
Those blessed chickens are good at surprising us :gig One of the non broody hybrids could surprise you. I know it’s best to collect eggs daily, but if the hen sees a pile of eggs for a few days she starts clucking “ooo look at all a dear beauties! Imma gonna hatch em all”! Maybe print some photos of your eggs and put them up inside the broody nest like wallpaper:fl

I hope you can get some eggs to hatch!
Oh, me too! I currently have a laying silkie hen, a laying old english, and a laying gamefowl hen. The silkie has laid an egg everyday for the last three days! Getting eggs won't be the problem, it'll just be hoping that the eggs I have in the bator will hatch! They are set to hatch on the 10th of March. :fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom