12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
My broody girl quit yesterday :/. She was in the coop when I fed in the morning & then all day after, about 6pm I went to find her nest & all the eggs were eaten, looked like a chicken did it too :/ yall I think she ate her eggs! There were 2 whole ones left i stole & candled, one had a peck mark on it. Neither of them had any development. I'm thinking maybe her eggs weren't fertile & she gave up? Anyone have a momma eat their own eggs?

Oh no! I've never had them eat the eggs. I'm so sorry!

My broody girl quit yesterday :/. She was in the coop when I fed in the morning & then all day after, about 6pm I went to find her nest & all the eggs were eaten, looked like a chicken did it too :/ yall I think she ate her eggs! There were 2 whole ones left i stole & candled, one had a peck mark on it. Neither of them had any development. I'm thinking maybe her eggs weren't fertile & she gave up? Anyone have a momma eat their own eggs?
This is what they looked like when I found them. I've never had a broody hatch, but all of my incubator hatches have blood marks/ veins on the inside of the shells. I really think she ate them :/

My (first time) broody is as dumb as rocks. 😂 I sort of knew this going in, but her ditziness is endearing so I thought I’ll just have to keep a close eye on her.

after going out to poop eat and drink this morning, she went in and sat and puffed herself up right in the middle of the coop. On zero eggs. 🤦‍♀️ so I moved her onto the nest. And she sat

later this afternoon I went to check on her and take and fresh laid eggs, and she had moved off her nest onto the freshly laid eggs instead.

I took 3/6 eggs back and candled them and put them in back in the Baytor, and left her 3. Poor, dumb, Dixie. 😂

My (first time) broody is as dumb as rocks. 😂 I sort of knew this going in, but her ditziness is endearing so I thought I’ll just have to keep a close eye on her.

after going out to poop eat and drink this morning, she went in and sat and puffed herself up right in the middle of the coop. On zero eggs. 🤦‍♀️ so I moved her onto the nest. And she sat

later this afternoon I went to check on her and take and fresh laid eggs, and she had moved off her nest onto the freshly laid eggs instead.

I took 3/6 eggs back and candled them and put them in back in the Baytor, and left her 3. Poor, dumb, Dixie. 😂
Returning to the right nest isn’t their forte.

Duck math, maybe?
tumblr_6d7a98be8c880f90d0a62e2c840f9859_50f9f583_250.gif

:gig
200.gif

EDIT: Mr. Bean
5fd576ca946696001daa7bb7.png

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom