12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 9 ducklings so far, one is still working on hatching so I have them in the incubator still.

Attachments

• IMG_6058.JPG
    IMG_6058.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 4
My hatch finished and everyone is all fluffed up now. 😁

I sent in my total just a moment ago. :)

5 silkies hatched out of 8 eggs (2 clears and one quitter at around 7-8 days). I'm not sure why I had a couple non starters but otherwise I am pretty happy with these results.

They are all doing great so far. The first hatched was having some trouble on the paper towels I set down so I removed them and they are all getting around well now. Eating and drinking already! I was really happy with how well they hatched, from the first hatched to the last was only 16 hours and they are all perky with perfectly sealed navels. 😊

Easter hatch chicks 1.jpg

Easter hatch chicks 2.jpg

So, I said when I set my eggs for this hatchalong that they were humongous compared to the bantams I've been hatching lately and the babies were going to be HUGE. No joke, this little one seems gigantic to me for a day-old chick after all the tinies I've been hatching!

I got this picture of her today in the little dish I use to feed my hatchlings

1618082244276.png

I was comparing that picture to pictures of my Old English Game bantam babies back in February and, WOW, what a size difference! :eek:

1618082342719.png

Maybe it really has been too long since I hatched large fowl chicks :gig

So, I said when I set my eggs for this hatchalong that they were humongous compared to the bantams I've been hatching lately and the babies were going to be HUGE. No joke, this little one seems gigantic to me for a day-old chick after all the tinies I've been hatching!

I got this picture of her today in the little dish I use to feed my hatchlings

View attachment 2608918

I was comparing that picture to pictures of my Old English Game bantam babies back in February and, WOW, what a size difference! :eek:

View attachment 2608919

Maybe it really has been too long since I hatched large fowl chicks :gig
Hatch an emu. :gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom