12week old Cuckoo Maran hen or rooster?

Sure I didn’t know if giving location was allowed. I’m in Eugene Oregon
In fact, you can add a location to your profile. I believe @aart has a quick guide he can paste.

Sorry you aren’t having any luck with rehoming him. Stick with and hopefully you’ll find someone. I have heard, oddly, that if you charge a small fee you may have better luck… Maybe that’s an indication you aren’t a scammer.

Only research I’ve done on neutering cockerels is caponizing, for food. You wouldn’t want to use estrogen tabs if you plan on eating, which you said you aren’t.

Hoping you quickly get a resolution to this.

Where have you posted ads?
I've successfully rehomed many cockerels and two roosters using my local Craigslist and posting to local/regional FB Poultry groups.
I had 2 ads on Craigslist. I just deleted the older one and will put up a new one so it’s higher in the feed. I have signs at Wilco. I have an ad on Nextdoor local and with Lane Co 4H. I have a sign in front of my house. There are a lot of chickens listed on Craigslist right now so could be why no response

I had 2 ads on Craigslist. I just deleted the older one and will put up a new one so it’s higher in the feed. I have signs at Wilco. I have an ad on Nextdoor local and with Lane Co 4H. I have a sign in front of my house. There are a lot of chickens listed on Craigslist right now so could be why no response
Look for and join local/regional FB Poultry groups and advertise there. I've rehomed a little over half my cockerels on FB.

Forgot I have an ad in the Eugene Weekly in the paper and online
I will look into that. Forgot I also called every vet between Eugene and Portland to list on their bulletin boards and some of their office staff volunteered to call around. They reported back to me no takers.

Here is the Cuckoo Maran at 13 weeks. He’s way bigger than his age mates now and they still don’t have combs and wattles

Attachments

• IMG_3030.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpeg
    737.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    770.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3028.jpeg
    IMG_3028.jpeg
    838.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi,
This was supposed to be a hen Cuckoo Maran but as she has gotten her feathers I have begun to doubt. She is lighter than my previous CM hen and has had the comb and wattles for over a week or so. The Black Copper Maran I got is the same age and has only a bumpy ridge for comb and no wattles I’ve read the previous posts about saddle feathers. So does she have them? And the tail is down turned.
I'm not an expert but there are several videos out there (YouTube mostly) that show feather seeing. You might watch a few and compare your chicken's feather formation.

In fact, you can add a location to your profile. I believe @aart has a quick guide he can paste.

Sorry you aren’t having any luck with rehoming him. Stick with and hopefully you’ll find someone. I have heard, oddly, that if you charge a small fee you may have better luck… Maybe that’s an indication you aren’t a scammer.

Only research I’ve done on neutering cockerels is caponizing, for food. You wouldn’t want to use estrogen tabs if you plan on eating, which you said you aren’t.

Hoping you quickly get a resolution to this.
Hurray My latest Craigslist update got a result. My rooster has been adopted for a flock.

Back
Top Bottom