13/14 Hatch! And 40 more are supposed to hatch tomorrow!

peej

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 2, 2011
Hello! I tried my Little Giant out again and had 13/14 eggs hatched! Those are doing great and using the drinking nipple on day 2! I have 40+ eggs in my Hova-Bator Genius and already 4 are hatched and I can see 5 starting to crack out! It looks like a pretty good hatch out of both incubators so far! I have some pictures of the first batch in a few! Hope everyone else is having great hatches right now!

-Peej

5-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

VIDEO

VIDEO
7-1.jpg

ALSO!I have no clue what any of the breeds are because it was all mixed breeds that I bought! I will post pictures later of all of them after a week and maybe some smart people can help me out!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Adorable pics, keep em coming!
I so need to get a nipple system for my brooder.
My latest batch think its hilarious to scratch all their bedding into the waterers as soon as I turn my back.
Good job and good luck on the rest of your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Thank you! I had 8 more hatch out today and looks like some more by tomorrow hopefully!

The first attempt with the LG was very sad but it was out in my garage so it was getting down to 50 degrees outside and then during the day to about 80, so that fluctuation made it so I had none hatch! This time around I did it in a empty room we have and put it no where near the window and the room stay in between 70-80 degrees right now! This was perfect because my LG would stay between 99.1 and 99.7 and most of the time exactly on 99.5... there was very few highs or lows this time around! With the humidity I keep mine pretty wet, around 40-50% and it seems to be working out good for me! And then 60-75 on lock down!

Back
Top Bottom