13 BBS Orpingtons and 1 BCM Gone...

Majestic Lane Poultry

Heart Strings Animal Rehoming
13 Years
Feb 9, 2009
13 BBS Orpingtons and 1 BCM Gone.

When Dave came home from work on Friday, he found 3 splash bodies in our yard. Something, a dog or dogs I think, tore into one of our juvie pens. Ravished the door and the chickens inside. Saturday we found the remains of my favorite black pullet from TOH eggs. And of course my favorite blue cockerel from MissPrissy is still missing.

My free range flock was not bothered. But they remain in hiding - only coming out of the woods when they see me coming. I moved the remaining 5 to other quarters...poor babies.

Here is my count from juvie pen #1:

Bought 13 chicks from Angie - 2 splash remain - 1 cockerel and 1 pullet
Hatched 9 chicks from Sandy - 3 blues remain - 1 cockerel and 2 pullets
The BCM that I lost was a pullet larger than the rest of the bcms so she was the only one in that pen. She was from bishopschickens.

This is a first for me. I guess I have been lucky. Still, my heart breaks. 10 bodies are just missing. 4 were played with until they died....

I'm so sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif
Sounds like a dog(s) if they were played with until they were dead.
hit.gif

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. Definitely sounds like a DOG(S)! and it or they will be probably be back for more "fun & games". How sad.

Had several neighborhood dogs raid my chicken house one early morning years ago when I forgot to close the door and they killed almost all my chickens and guineas.

I didn't have a gun then.
th.gif

Oh Crud! I'm so sorry.
sad.png

Let me know if and when you want more eggs, I'll keep the boys in the pen longer.

ya might be suprised at how many hide out for a few days! Your free rangers may be sounding the all clear, so see how they act the next few days
tongue.png

How devastating! I am so sorry this happened. Hopefully the ones that are totally gone are are hiding out somewhere.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom