13 week chicken laid 2 eggs in one day??!

Jessthebest

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2021
So I have a hen that I've raised from a week old, and it's been about 12 weeks since then. I originally thought she was a rooster, it's my first time owning chickens. Until yesterday when I couldn't find her, and then did locate her sitting on not one but two eggs. How?! She's an Isa Brown if that helps.

So I have a hen that I've raised from a week old, and it's been about 12 weeks since then. I originally thought she was a rooster, it's my first time owning chickens. Until yesterday when I couldn't find her, and then did locate her sitting on not one but two eggs. How?! She's an Isa Brown if that helps.
Are you sure she laid them? Thats really young. Do you have other chickens with her?

sitting on not one but two eggs. How?!
It's common for a chicken to lay today's egg in the same spot as yesterday's egg, and then sit on both for a bit. So the two eggs might not have been laid on the same day.

I do have four other chickens, but all are a week younger than her!

She is certainly young to be laying eggs, but I agree it's more likely that she laid the eggs rather than the even younger ones laying!

Back
Top Bottom