13 week old chick laying on ground

As aart noted as long as there's no draft in the spot where she's roosting (and I didn't see feather ruffling in the video) then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've had birds that wanted to sleep on the floor for one reason or another, but as long as it wasn't due to health reasons they eventually went back up on the roost.
very interesting! i always thought that they would roost

I have 2 who prefer the floor. As long as they aren't in a nest box ir getting pooped on by sleeping under the others, I just let them. She's just quirky, I guess. Nothing you're doing wrong.
☺️

On a side note: What camera do you use? I am considering getting one, and I'm looking for recommendations!

I have 2 who prefer the floor. As long as they aren't in a nest box ir getting pooped on by sleeping under the others, I just let them. She's just quirky, I guess. Nothing you're doing wrong.
☺️

On a side note: What camera do you use? I am considering getting one, and I'm looking for recommendations!
Wyze cam v3! I love it and it’s not that expensive, they also always have deals on them like 6 for a certain price! You can pay $1.99 a month for the subscription for one camera and you get minute long videos, but if you don’t you still get the videos their just 12s long! I got mine from home depot for $35! You do need wi-fi and a plug in for them though!

I have cameras in my coop and run, there’s been no pecking or chasing for the past week and a half. She sleeps on a different end of the roost then the others. This has happened the past 2-3 nights at different times, she will just jump down and then sleep on the floor.

Sorry. I find the video really funny! She wakes up, then another wakes up, then the other two wake up. 🤣

I have cameras in my coop and run, there’s been no pecking or chasing for the past week and a half. She sleeps on a different end of the roost then the others. This has happened the past 2-3 nights at different times, she will just jump down and then sleep on the floor.

Can I ask which Wyze camera you have? I'm considering getting either the v3 or the outdoor version but unsure which will give me the video quality I'm looking for. Thanks!

Can I ask which Wyze camera you have? I'm considering getting either the v3 or the outdoor version but unsure which will give me the video quality I'm looking for. Thanks!
I use the Wyze Cam V3. It is outdoor and indoor use, meaning it’s waterproof. I’m not sure exactly what the difference between the outdoor and cam v3 is. I like the video quality a lot! and it has really good night vision

Attachments

• 38AECF00-9904-479B-86C4-E753AE67C1CC.jpeg
    38AECF00-9904-479B-86C4-E753AE67C1CC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 8E950404-EA68-4C16-980F-5D547BEE6BAF.jpeg
    8E950404-EA68-4C16-980F-5D547BEE6BAF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • D78C97C3-9E34-4E90-8C92-BAFCB9E70B29.jpeg
    D78C97C3-9E34-4E90-8C92-BAFCB9E70B29.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 2
I use the Wyze Cam V3. It is outdoor and indoor use, meaning it’s waterproof. I’m not sure exactly what the difference between the outdoor and cam v3 is. I like the video quality a lot! and it has really good night vision
Awesome, thank you! I think the biggest difference is that the outdoor one is wire-free and has to connect to a base station in the house for monitoring while the V3 is wired and can connect directly. The reviews just seem less positive for the outdoor version. Appreciate the response, I'm going to give the V3 a try!

Back
Top Bottom