13 wk old GL Polish?

mountainchickens

Songster
5 Years
Apr 7, 2019
Colorado
Hi! We have a 13 week old Gold Laced Polish. I've never had Polishes before so have no idea as far as sexing :) Any ideas on gender? Thanks!
cumin!II.jpg cumin!I.jpg

A bit unsure with this one, Leg thickness and saddle feathers look a bit suspicious, Face and crest look pullet-ish but i think i'm leaning more towards cockerel on this one... I'd give it a couple more weeks before assuming it's one or the other.

I've got a bunch of polish and the crest is pointy like a cockerel and the saddle is extremely suspect with some of the saddles even looking like they protrude further than the tail. Also, the second picture level of alertness also looks cockerel to me. I'd say based on my experience, if it were in my flock I'd give it a 90% chance of being a cockerel.

That said, he's super cute.

I would wait a bit longer. Any sign of a tiny red comb?
Ok! No sign of a comb yet. Thanks!
I've got a bunch of polish and the crest is pointy like a cockerel and the saddle is extremely suspect with some of the saddles even looking like they protrude further than the tail. Also, the second picture level of alertness also looks cockerel to me. I'd say based on my experience, if it were in my flock I'd give it a 90% chance of being a cockerel.

That said, he's super cute.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom