13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second one out is a naked neck x Easter egger:celebrate
248859FC-EE7F-4AF3-90B7-C0DEE88ECC36.jpeg

I'm just throwing this out there unsolicited. And my perspective probably comes from the fact that I'm incubating dark eggs that are hard to see into.
I would probably feel differently if I hatched white or light eggs.
But it seems like some people are very impatient to pull eggs during incubation.
In general, I pull eggs that leak or stink, but if I'm iffy on an egg, I just keep it in the incubator till it is an obvious quitter. That usually doesn't happen for me till transfer to the hatcher.
If the egg isn't infected, it won't hurt it to keep it in the incubator - in my mind.
I agree.

We have 9 of 21 pipped (1 quitter removed at lockdown) and my daughter is on chick watch for the night. I’m going to bed but hopefully we’ll have a few to add to the count in the am. Wyandotte and Wyandotte crosses.
15 happy little cheeps. This one tried to scale the wall! There are a few (5) I hatched orbs that we will give until tomorrow to prove.

Attachments

• 40B1AECC-4353-4BE7-B716-C67DD031AE37.jpeg
    40B1AECC-4353-4BE7-B716-C67DD031AE37.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 4
Questions:
It’s day 16, correct?
If the above is true, 5 days until hatch?
Also, lockdown on Wednesday?
And for Lockdown, just remove turner, bump humidity up, and don’t open the incubator until the hatch, right?

Sorry, this is my first time hatching! I’m really excited, and want to make sure I do everything right!

So far 8 eggs are alive and moving!

Questions:
It’s day 16, correct?
If the above is true, 5 days until hatch?
Also, lockdown on Wednesday?
And for Lockdown, just remove turner, bump humidity up, and don’t open the incubator until the hatch, right?

Sorry, this is my first time hatching! I’m really excited, and want to make sure I do everything right!

So far 8 eggs are alive and moving!
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom