14 Chickens, 2 Humans, 1 Dog, 1 Cat & 1 Gecko in Lubbock, Tx

rairose

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2023
Hi all!

My name is Rai (like "ray") and my husband and I just got our first chickens in Spring of 2022. We're really enjoying them and we're looking forward to being part of this group.

INTRO QUESTIONS
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Relatively new. We got our first newly hatched babies in May of 2022.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 13 hens and 1 rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have:
  • 4 Easter Eggers – Ghost Pepper (Rooster), Alfredo, Rigatoni, and Cacciatore
  • 4 Barred Plymouth Rocks – Tandoori + 3 without names (because we can't tell them apart yet)
  • 4 Rhode Island Reds – Pomodoro + 3 without names (also because we can't tell them apart). We used to have a 5th named Parmesan, but she died of gout.
  • 2 Speckled Sussex – Chicken and Dumpling

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They have such personalities! Especially our Easter Eggers – they are super mischievous.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

My husband and I enjoy traveling, hiking, board games, and homestead-type things like growing microgreens and mushrooms.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm the CEO and Senior Copywriter at Cornell Content Marketing, my digital marketing agency. In November 2022, my husband retired from his full time job to join me in my business. Now, we work together from home. We also have a pitbull (Tig), a ragdoll cat (Hunter), and a crested gecko (Whistler).

We're glad to be here!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Hi all!

My name is Rai (like "ray") and my husband and I just got our first chickens in Spring of 2022. We're really enjoying them and we're looking forward to being part of this group.

INTRO QUESTIONS
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Relatively new. We got our first newly hatched babies in May of 2022.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 13 hens and 1 rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have:
  • 4 Easter Eggers – Ghost Pepper (Rooster), Alfredo, Rigatoni, and Cacciatore
  • 4 Barred Plymouth Rocks – Tandoori + 3 without names (because we can't tell them apart yet)
  • 4 Rhode Island Reds – Pomodoro + 3 without names (also because we can't tell them apart). We used to have a 5th named Parmesan, but she died of gout.
  • 2 Speckled Sussex – Chicken and Dumpling

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They have such personalities! Especially our Easter Eggers – they are super mischievous.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My husband and I enjoy traveling, hiking, board games, and homestead-type things like growing microgreens and mushrooms.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm the CEO and Senior Copywriter at Cornell Content Marketing, my digital marketing agency. In November 2022, my husband retired from his full time job to join me in my business. Now, we work together from home. We also have a pitbull (Tig), a ragdoll cat (Hunter), and a crested gecko (Whistler).

We're glad to be here!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom