14 month old Bearded Silkie Hen

Beth G.

Gaetano Family Farm
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
New Haven County Connecticut
Hi All,

I have up for auction this beautiful Partridge Bearded Silkie Hen. She is 14 months old and is from Bobbi Porto Stock. She is definately show quality. I am estimating the shipping but, it will be actual cost plus $10.00 for the box. I will ship her but, would prefer to have someone pick her up. She is the sweetiest gal I have on my farm. I am selling her b/c this week she has decided not to use the ramp to go into the coop. Her sister was doing this also and I am sick and unable to go searching for her every night in the bushes to put her away so the racoons do not get to her.

Any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

Beth

More pics of this pretty girl!!

61583_buffy_5_2.jpg

61583_buffy_4_2.jpg

61583_buffy_3_2.jpg

61583_buffy_1.jpg

Sorry about the dirty feet!! lol can't help them liking to dig and scratch all over.

Last edited:
Hi!
Just curious how she gets along with other chickens. I have one Silkie and have had to separate her from the flock due to an injury and I wory about her being lonely and cold. She is in the barn w/the horse and a heat lamp, but would love to find her a buddy. And I just love Partridge Silkies!
Anyway, just seemed convenient since you're right here in CT...
~Terry

Quote:
Hi,

I have her out in a pen with my 9 week old pullets of various breeds. She mothers them and is gentle. If I put her with Large Fowl they pick on her!!
sad.png

She is a good girl but, the only flaw as I said earlier is she does not use a ramp and b/c I have a back genetic disorder it is difficult for me to search her out and put her in the hen house. She is a show quality bird that has been raised on organic feed and free ranges. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance with questions. Thank you so much for looking at her!!

Beth

Back
Top Bottom