14 week old breed + gender? (Russian Orloff? EE? Mixed?)

Am i wrong, I thought Russian Orloffs were kinda rare? Can anyone confirm?
I thought so too, but maybe "uncommon" is the better word to use? I think they're having a come up though. Mine came from our Big R (my region's version of Tractor Supply) no less! I think all of their birdies were selected for cold hardiness, so I wonder if that's how they ended up with Russian Orloffs. I'm curious to see if they'll carry them again this year!

Hello!

I am wondering if this chickie is a Petunia or a Petey and what breed they might be. I thought EE at first, but now I think Russian Orloff. Or mixed?! "Petunia" was a little chipmunk chick as a baby and is now about 14 weeks old. I figure I should know in the next few weeks, but I can't stop wondering whether they're a boy or girl. Very silly and super talkative (sounds like bock bock bock or honk honk hooonk), and probably low-mid in the pecking order.

There's a "from above" shot that includes sister Peach for feathering comparison. Petunia's neck and tail are what have me suspicious.

View attachment 2256014View attachment 2256015View attachment 2256007View attachment 2256009View attachment 2256016
I'd say it's a Sussex mix for sure, maybe Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom