Ended 14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—National Poultry Day

Chickens have brought meaning into my life before I got them I would just sit inside on my phone and eating snacks. But after I got them something changed I felt motivated and for the first time I truly cared for something. I think that chickens saved me.
9AAF25E1-42EA-4A72-B300-467A4F16E831.jpeg

My poultry are important to me because they're family. I didn't start with a plan, I just brought home 5 very sick chicks... from there on the numbers grew and we expanded! I now have such a mix-matched flock that always brings joy to my heart with their unique personalities and antics- I honestly don't know how I've managed to survive so long without them! I love collecting their eggs and playing "Now who layed this beauty?" everyday. My girls (and boys) are such precious blessings in my life, and I couldn't be more thankful for them ♡
20221205_163433.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my first 6 chicks just a couple of weeks before the world shut down with the Pandemic. I struggled being home alone all day every day (my plumber husband was an essential worker). The chickens got me outside and gave me purpose. It was a darktime for me, and they brought me light. Now with a small flock of 22, they bring me so much joy every day!
20230319_175821.jpg

Chickens are so curious and enthusiastic about life. Every time I go out to the coop my chickens gather around hoping for treats, (their favourite being bell pepper seeds), and in summer all of them running around together scratching in the grass 🥰
View attachment 3445471
Hahaha they will do anything for those seeds!

Chickens are so curious and enthusiastic about life. Every time I go out to the coop my chickens gather around hoping for treats, (their favourite being bell pepper seeds), and in summer all of them running around together scratching in the grass 🥰
View attachment 3445471
I also love this pic the whole thing just glows!!!!

Back
Top Bottom