15 week old Chicken! Love to know breed/Gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kevintheroosty, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kevintheroosty

kevintheroosty New Egg

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]Australorp at 15 1/2 wks

These two are the same age. The Australorp is larger than the other 3 that we have and has the red comb/wattles. Neither crows.
    [​IMG]

? breed at 15 1/2 weeks - is this a cockerel or a pullet?? It is the only one of it's kind that we have so no comparison...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Alright-so here is our devil chicken, Pippin. He/she keeps on "crowing' which I believe to be an awkward squak. She is actually very mean. What breed / gender? If you have a good estimate and need more pictures please contact me!
    Also I have closeups of another chicken. This Australorp is what we think to be a Rooster. Please give some feedback![​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    need a age and body shot of the australorp but the other is a splash roo

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st pics look like a cockerel as for the 2nd without an age and body shot its hard to tell but the hackles look long and slender which would mean a cockerel to

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

The Australorp looks like a roo (pointed hackle and saddle feathers), and the grey one looks like a roo (pointed hackle feathers). Can't tell on the last picture of the black one, definitely need a body shot [​IMG]

5. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I think the first one is a female and the second one I am guessing a male but it is hard to tell (is it molting?) The last BA looks like a male but it is hard to tell by just the face.

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Nice chickens!!
    [​IMG]

7. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    2 Roos

8. TheJadeChicken

TheJadeChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Both look like roosters to me. They have the pointed hackle feathers and the black one has pointed saddle feathers.

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Both are cockerels.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by