$150 for two peachick?

Catastrophic

Songster
Apr 1, 2021
Shawnee, Kansas
After many months of searching for peachicks, I have finally come to contact with someone who locally owns peachicks. But they have had really bad hatches this year and have only had males (They discovered through DNA testing.) and had to buy some female peachicks for $85 in a local auction. They said due to them buying the female for $85 that they would have to bump the price to $100 for the female but kept the male to $50. Which totals it to $150 for the pair. Do you guys think it is a bad deal or should I just go for it?

Supply and demand. That is a low price to pay for peafowl but local economics are local and not knowing where you live it is hard to say. I assume you live out of the States as you used the word Village. Some people will sell them for $35 to $75 each for common IB types at a couple of weeks of age in the local Craigslist. Those are usually backyard breeders that have too many pets. I see your auction prices are a bit higher and auctions tend to be cheaper than the local market. I figure that any peahen of any age is worth at least $100 and a cock $50 to $75 so What they are asking seems fair to me. Since the Covid plandemic hit prices for everything has skyrocketed, more people stayed home and enjoyed more hobbies. The auctions that we have attended have seen most prices double and now there is a major shortage of hens. So if you have been looking for months and can't find them for a lesser price ask yourself where are you going to get them cheaper and is it worth the wait for a few bucks?

Sorry If I wrote village. I live in Kansas. :D
I live near the village of Marion, Ks. If you come here I will sell you a pair of yearling IB for $225. You might also enjoy coming to our Farm Day on June 5th when the public is welcome to tour our farm, and enjoy a luncheon, and get in on some special pricing on yearlings. Check out Spring Creek Peafowl on Facebook for more information.

My jab at the term 'village' was to get you to complete your profile so when you ask questions we can give better advice for your general location.

I live near the village of Marion, Ks. If you come here I will sell you a pair of yearling IB for $225. You might also enjoy coming to our Farm Day on June 5th when the public is welcome to tour our farm, and enjoy a luncheon, and get in on some special pricing on yearlings. Check out Spring Creek Peafowl on Facebook for more information.

My jab at the term 'village' was to get you to complete your profile so when you ask questions we can give better advice for your general location.
Thanks, maybe I will visit!

Back
Top Bottom