150+ Quail coop design NEEDED! PLEASE help! PICS PLEASE

RoosterRoo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
PA
I am going to be incubating 300+ eggs this weekend and I am trying to get some ideas on a coop that will be able to house all of them. I would LIKE to keep the different species apart from the next. I have 2'x20' of 1/2" hardware cloth just dying to be put to use. lol..The good thing is that this coop is going to be indoors so it does not have to be built considering the elements of outdoors.

I already have a nice brooder so just the coop is what I am in need of building.

Hatching Quail eggs I have are:
Tennessee Red
Jumbo Pharaoh
Bob White
Golden Speckled
Texas A&M
Button
Tibetan

Any and all ideas will be helpful! Thanks for the help ahead of time ;)

Last edited:
Yes, all these species need to be kept separate in their own quarters. The Tennessee and the Bobwhites need 4 square foot per bird. The rest of them can get by on 1 or 2 square feet per bird. The more room the better off they AND you will be.

If you are keeping them in a pen style enclosure, the ceiling should not be more than 1 foot tall so they will not bonk their heads and break necks. If you are keeping them in an aviary, the taller the better. 12 feet tall is preferable, but you can get by on less.

The Buttons need to be paired of 1 male to 1 female, and the same goes for the Tennessee Reds and the Bobwhites. The others need to be paired 1 male to 5 to 7 females.

Make sure to keep the Buttons warm, as they are not as hardy as the other species.

Good luck!

Yes, all these species need to be kept separate in their own quarters. The Tennessee and the Bobwhites need 4 square foot per bird. The rest of them can get by on 1 or 2 square feet per bird. The more room the better off they AND you will be.

If you are keeping them in a pen style enclosure, the ceiling should not be more than 1 foot tall so they will not bonk their heads and break necks. If you are keeping them in an aviary, the taller the better. 12 feet tall is preferable, but you can get by on less.

The Buttons need to be paired of 1 male to 1 female, and the same goes for the Tennessee Reds and the Bobwhites. The others need to be paired 1 male to 5 to 7 females.

Make sure to keep the Buttons warm, as they are not as hardy as the other species.

Good luck!

Thanks. I am not making it an aviary, it will be just something short. This is the first I have heard that the ratio on some had to be 1:1. The temp is not a big worry as the indoor temp is cozy. The coop is being built in my basement so even in the winter times it gets MAYBE 60-65 down there.

Back
Top Bottom