1588 users...

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
What toggle switch do you have yours on? Mine was on 5 when it arrived, but I havent been able to get it above 98 degrees. The little plastic thermometer that came with it is up to 102...I checked that one twice, and both times it went to 102. Im using a Timex digital hygrometer...in fact I have 2 of them, both are reading 97 and a half to 98. Their outdoor temp is 70, which is exactly what my house temp is, so I feel they are accurate. I dont want to fiddle with those toggles too much, since they are pre-set, but I wonder if they are pre-set to the enclosed thermometer, and I don't know how accurate that is. thanks.

Kathy

They are preset to 99, which mine held fairly well. I did keep mine in a room with a space heater to keep the ambient temp right around 70 with very little fluctuation. As I recall, the instructions said to wait until after your first hatch before making any adjustments. Basically to let the hatch performance determine if a change needs to be made.

I know they say they are preset to 99, but mine hasnt made it there yet. Im not sure what to do. Ill check it again when I get home at noon.

Mine hovers at exactly 100.0 according to accurite, but the little flimsy thing that comes with it said 99.0. I left it alone for this first hatch and so far 13 of the 16 eggs are developing. Now weather they make it out alive is another story. We are only on day 8. The waiting is killing me.

Mine says it's preset to 100, and it's right on the money. My preset if 4, but four would be lower than 5. They must test these before they ship them. Don't trust thermometers. I did buy one at a cigar store, that's been really accurate with all the other ones though.

I also put a piece of bubble wrap over the window at night to keep it from fluctating too much, since our ambient temp goes way down at night.

Last edited:
Mine stays at 99* and I've had several thermometers in there to test it and they all say 99* - 100*. Now when it got really cold here the other week I just laid a blanket over the top window and it held at 99*. I have a thermometer/hygrometer from a cigar store in mine also.

Hi Kathy,

Mine was set on 4 when I received it so I tried it at that as they say to not make changes till you have tried it the first time. The temp never went above 98.5 so with this batch I ajusted the toggle to 6 or 7, don't remember which but the temp stays right around 99.5-99.8 and things seem to be going well at 14days, so for me I would have to say that ajusting the toggle seems to have helped.

Joanne

Okay, I couldnt stand it. It might have been wrong, but I adjusted the toggle switch, and I finally got it up to 99.5. I have 2 hydrometers in there, one says 99, and the other is at 99.5, so I feel much more comfortable that they are finally up to 99. I hope being a bit low for the first day won't hurt them. I guess Ill found out soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom