15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
We're just entering lock down over here today, but other than just one clear my eggs are going strong. I, at the moment, am feeling a rather lot like this emoji, however:
eek run in circles.gif

My silkie eggs are in lock down and all candled great. I removed 4 of the dozen at day 9 or 10 and the rest made it just fine. Now if all will hatch and I get 4 pullets I'm on my way to a flock. More silkie eggs will be set in April Maybe but May for sure. I just need to figure out how many hens a silkie rooster will keep fertile.

I would love to have a hen with a crest, beard, and feathered feet!
I once visited someone's house and they had a chicken that had a crest and a beard. It was a Salmon Faverolle x Easter Egger x Golden Laced Polish. It was a beautiful bird! It was golden laced with a beard and crest, but I don't believe it had feathered feet.
If you did a Cream Legbar x Faverolle, the Faverolle has both a beard and feathered feet and it's also more similar in size.
Also.... Aren't D'Uccle's the cutest things?:love
1711691291225.png
Meet Q.T.Pie. :D Her line is: Roo: EE Bantam hen x Cochin Bantam Roo, crossed with: Hen: Buff laced polish Roo x Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam
D'Uccles are awesome, both roosters I'd had were very sweet, and so very cute. :) The hen I had was kind of crazy, named her Sugar Spaz.

10 chicks hatched! And I think I have a handful of paints which makes me so happy ❤️

2 more eggs in there but not sure if they will hatch. One definitely pipped around midnight, the other not so sure.

My humidity is hovering around 80-90% now (set for 60%) so wondering if that would have a detrimental impact to those two hatching out
I have all the eggs hatching on the right half of the incubator so when it almost starts raining in there due to hatching, I lift the left side up an inch or so for just a second. It takes it down 5% is all and it's temporary as they keep hatching so I'll do it again if it keeps going up.

Congrats on the paints!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom