16 Gauge 1/4" Galvanized Hardware Cloth in 4 ft width x 100 ft length rolls

ashlieneevel

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 24, 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who may find this useful.

The topic of hardware cloth size and such is a common topic here and amongst people who are new to building coops and runs, and I know most people just go for 1/2 inch hardware cloth, but some people would prefer 1/4 inch for the added benefit of keeping out mice and snakes and other small predators that potentially could fit through the 1/2 inch. The problem i've found when looking for the 1/4 inch is that the gauge is usually only around 24 and that is really too thin. This website, which i'm assuming is a manufacturers website, sells the 1/4 inch mesh in 16 gauge which is a really sturdy thickness. It is also available in widths of 3 or 4 ft and in rolls 100ft long but they also cut to size if you only need a smaller amount. Aside for this they also sell hardware cloth in other mesh sizes and gauges as well as stainless steel and coated. Perhaps this link will be useful to someone now or in the future who is looking for this size and gauge and is having trouble finding it locally. So just throwing this out there, hope it helps someone http://www.twpinc.com/wire-mesh-by-...ontrol-mesh/aluminum-bird-mesh-four-foot-wide

p.s. I don't work for these people or anything, i'm just trying to be helpful.

This stuff may be good but it would send me to the POOR HOUSE quick.
old.gif

I think that is a big concern for most people, but affordability varies from person to person, so it was worth at least putting this out there as an option for someone. I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination so to purchase this for any construction of significant size would require a tremendous amount of saving and sacrifice on my part, but I would still make the purchase because for me the value outweighs the cost, but that's an assessment everyone has to make for themselves.

I think that is a big concern for most people, but affordability varies from person to person, so it was worth at least putting this out there as an option for someone. I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination so to purchase this for any construction of significant size would require a tremendous amount of saving and sacrifice on my part, but I would still make the purchase because for me the value outweighs the cost, but that's an assessment everyone has to make for themselves.

Also... knowing sturdy small hole hardware cloth would:

- last for years,

- keep out rodents and small birds that would eat lots of feed as well as bring in disease

-stand up to lots of predators

- give peace of mind!

It is a great place to put your money.

Back
Top Bottom