16 RIR cross chicks

aurajean515

Chirping
Oct 6, 2018
Hey!
I recently hatched eggs from my flock. They're almost 5 weeks old now. I have a pretty diverse flock, but my two roosters are RIR. At this age, is it normal for the chicks combs to start turning pink? Some have and some have not. Of course I don't know which are male or female, but I'm hoping the light pink combs isn't a sign of cockerels!
Thanks for the help!

Hey!
I recently hatched eggs from my flock. They're almost 5 weeks old now. I have a pretty diverse flock, but my two roosters are RIR. At this age, is it normal for the chicks combs to start turning pink? Some have and some have not. Of course I don't know which are male or female, but I'm hoping the light pink combs isn't a sign of cockerels!
Thanks for the help!
Unfortunately that is exactly what it is usually a sign of

Hey!
Thanks for the help!
Post some pictures. :pop

I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to accurately determine the gender of the OP's chicks.
People+in+internet+are+like+sheldon+cooper+they+think+theyre+_01983b4bfe1e1a56cef987d8f15f89e8.jpg

Sorry guys! The chicks are out of the brooder and mama likes to bring them all over hells creation. It's pretty dificult to get pictures of them, I have counted at least 6 cockerels which is unfortunate but what can ya do

Back
Top Bottom