16 Week Old Easter Egger*Hen or Roo Pics

indy chick

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2016
I had assumed this guy was a rooster based on his coloration and the way he feathered out. But now I am not sure. Based on some research I did his color pattern could be that of a hen. His comb is about the same size as my other EE that I am fairly certain is a hen. He also hasn't started crowing yet but is very talkative whenever he sees me. He/she is approximately 16 week. What do you think? Possibly a hen?

welcome-byc.gif

That is a pretty hen
smile.png

Looks like eggs should be coming within a few weeks, that's a nice red comb.

I had assumed this guy was a rooster based on his coloration and the way he feathered out. But now I am not sure. Based on some research I did his color pattern could be that of a hen. His comb is about the same size as my other EE that I am fairly certain is a hen. He also hasn't started crowing yet but is very talkative whenever he sees me. He/she is approximately 16 week. What do you think? Possibly a hen?

i would say hen, but possibly a rooster

Mixed breed - not an EE, just mixed breed. I don't know how no one noticed that...

Just wondering what made you say that? I have an EE very similar in color I purchased from My Pet Chicken who lays HUGE eggs. Larger than extra large. I ordered EE's from My Pet Chicken one year (Shared order with friends as we were all just adding EE's to our flocks) and all were identically brown.
We were so happy with them we ordered more the following year and got some interesting colors, but none were brown but some looked like this girl and some were a pinkish grey (lavender?).

Back
Top Bottom