16 x 12 Coop

Pics
My current hens when they were chicks would not touch the vertical nipple water station. I removed the red one for a couple of hours then put the bottom of it under the nipple and they all ran to it. After a couple of minutes one pecked at the shiny thing and it all over after that.

JT
Thanks JT, I’ll keep that in mind for later..

Wish my babies would eat out of a feeder like that, any feeder I’ve tried with the holes in it, 80% of the chicks will stand there and look at the feeder and start screaming. I’ve let them cry for hours watching them get a drink return to feeder and cry some more. They don’t like putting there heads into a hole. Same as for the nipple waterer I built they refuse to use it. I think I have some spoiled birds.
Takes some patience and training on the keepers part.
They also have this one, the 'tray' on the bottom gets them going after eating off the floor.
I've really never had any trouble with them.
1588271820082.png

Then they use ths one too.
1588271929734.png

Will there be computer automated feeders? How about a tinkered up roomba that vacuums poop?

Can't imagine how much fun you'll have with that much space!
:lau ...I wish there was a roomba that could vacuum up poop!!! I'm sure there is some tech person on this forum who is in the process of developing a feeder app for our phones!!!!

Last edited:
Got the framing done for the awning now to rummage through my neighbors goody pile for a couple of short pieces of tin. I know she has some that will be just right and I hate to cut a big piece if I can find smaller ones.

window-34.jpg
window-35.jpg
window-36.jpg

Chicks are definitely arriving on Saturday, looks like they are on the way to Cape Girardeau distribution center :(

2020-05-01 Tracking.png

JT

So much for me remembering how this worked!
I picked up 12 healthy, hungry thirsty chicks at 8:00 AM.

Coop was cold so I did a mad scramble to get a couple of heaters in there and get the brooder warmed up. They had to wait in the warm van while I did that.

JT

Back
Top Bottom