17 hatched and 4 more are peeping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jackiedon, Oct 11, 2007.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I started out with 36+ eggs maran and silkies and I have 17 hatched, 2 are unzipping, and 2 are chirping loudly.

6 are marans and the rest are silkies that have hatched. I'm excited 2 of the marans are silver salmon marans the rest are cuckoo and blue.

This morning before I left for work I had 4 hatched. All morning and I could not keep my mind off of the bator. So on my lunch I rushed home and I had ten so I put them in the bator because boy were they active. I couldn't hardly shut the bator because they were sticking their heads out.
    When I got home I had 5 more and I had 2 more later.

I am going to take the brooder to school with me tomorrow to make sure they are drinking and no paste butts. Of course the kids will enjoy seeing them too.

jackie

2. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    That is great Jackie, I am getting ready to set my first bunch this weekend, hope I have as good of luck as you have [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, good hatch! I'm going into Day 20 now with my five and at least two have been moving some. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning, I'll have a pip.

4. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    That is so exciting. Congrats!!

5. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Yay! Go chickies go!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Be sure to post pics when they're ready!

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

How exciteing Jackie!! Congrats! I cant waite to see pics! I am sure the kids will love seeing the baby chicks...and learning about proper care as well. Never too young to hook another chicken addict!! LOL

7. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Oh, please send you good hatching karma my way!!!! I can't see what is under the banty and have 38 in the bator due next Thursday.

8. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    any of thoes the ones you got from me? I'd love to know! (and I sure hope they are but I cant remember how long its been since I sent them)

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    yayyy!

10. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Yes, Jen some of these are yours, I have had blue, blue splash, black and buff to hatch out. A couple of the buffs are from Jody.

I just had one of the maran's to die and unfortunately some of the kids found it [​IMG]

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by