17 Year Old Mutt> What Breeds Created Her???

That's a genuine Muttsky. Her father was a mutt and her dam was a mutt, and most likely all 4 of her grandparents were mutts.

Not many mongrels are cross between 2 pure breeds.

Quote:
when she was little she loved to run and play fetch, she even would case coyotes off the property. Never bit anyone in her life. very good gaurd dog. cashed people off when they broke into our house. use to love water, would play with the hose. liked to bury her dog buiscuts. She likes sleeping in corners. Loves to eat carrots. still has all her teeth. has a underbite. the white on her face` was once brown. her belly has marks like a holstine cow. maybe some of this could determine some breeds. what ever kind of mutt she is shes a great dog. her birthdays next month.

the dna tests are FUN but not at all 100% accurate, infact its currently about 30% accurate...
(we did some experiments with them in college and out of 100 dogs of known liniage we tested only 30 tests came back correct, some wernt far off and others were so far off it was funny (like the purebred toy poodle whos results came back as GSD, Malamute and Irish setter...)

she actually looks like a spitting image of one fo the dogs we had when i worked in the shelter (only your baby is smaller)
the people that dropped him off said he was a doberman on mothers side and a JRT on his fathers...

shes the spitting image so mabe a min pin x Jack russel?

Last edited:
Kelpies are pretty uncommon. That is the only reason I would guess other breeds. I have also thought about doing the dna test on my Lily but haven't heard anything good about the results yet. Happy early birthday to your furry baby!

Quote:
Exactly. Most mutts are crosses between two mutts so there is at least 4 breeds involved, probably more. the DNA tests are very inaccurate. They seem to always come up with a few really odd-ball rare breeds in them. Honestly, she does not look Kelpie at all to me, other than her coloring. And that coloring is a very dominate trait so if she could have inherited that from a grandparent. Many breeds of dogs have those type of markings. She is adorable though and must have been well cared for to have lived such a long time. Congrats on that!

Back
Top Bottom