18+ Blue double-laced Barnevelder project eggs

Quote:
Quick question. Is this auction for 18 eggs or 12 eggs? It says 18 in title and 12 in the body.

One more question. I really would love some of these, so I am wondering how well the eggs that have been previously mailed have hatched? I know every batch is different since postal service handling is different but still would like to get a feel for generally how well they are traveling.

I shipped 3 orders via USPS and FedEx to San Francisco area with almost 100% development each time (one customer had power outages though and I think only 3 hatched, but with the replacement order 100% made it to lock down (due to hatch today). San Francisco is not too far from me (about a 4-5 hour drive), so that may of helped the %'s. Not as good luck to the Midwest...maybe the eggs got too cold or had shipping damage. Hatch results ranged from approximately 20-60%.

100% of the eggs I set from the blue project started to develop with my own current hatch due the 20Th. Fertility obviously is very good at this time. Also, the blue chick ratio should average 50% blue/50% black, but as you know that is just statistics and with smaller hatches the actual % blue may vary. That is one reason why I like to send so many eggs....more chances to get blues:)

The chicks from this cross have been very hardy and vigorous. My New Year's hatch chicks were in an outside brooder at 4 weeks-old without a heat lamp. We had 40 degree nights with some drops below 30 and they did fine with just the group's own body heat.

Trisha

Thanks for the information. I generally have pretty good luck with eggs coming from West Coast so taking a leap of faith.

$100 bid

Trisha's eggs are amazing and the chicks are the fluffiest and cutest little things ever. 100% of chicks made it into lockdown (99% made it last time) and they are hatching out as we speak....highly recommended seller who's worked tremendously hard on her project, can't say enough good things about her or her birds. DO IT...or I will.
wink.png

I also want to add that my "Best Ever" barnevelder hen, her daughter and her sister are all laying well at this time. Their eggs (sired by the blue roo) will be in this auction. I'm a bit jealous of who ever gets their eggs as I can't put any more of their eggs in my own bator right now. I wish I could hatch every one of their eggs.

Trisha

Best hen

Best pullet 2011

Last edited:
Those are the most gorgeous birds i have ever seen. I have 3 amazing barny hens and would love to help further this blue line. I don't have much money but would gladly pay $55. Good luck to me. Thanks for your hard work with this blue line, it's Awesome.

If the winning bider wants too I can include in the 18+ eggs ....three or four eggs from my best blue pullet crossed with my pure barnevelder roo. The same 50%/%50 blue/black ratio, but a different cross than the rest of the eggs coming from the pen with the pure hens x blue roo.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom