18 eggs with 2 pips on day 21 woohoo....

Ok so now I've got 1 zipped out & is a small yellow fluff ya!
celebrate.gif
now if I could just get the rest to follow........ I've got 5 that pipped and 2 that were I thought close to zipping out & frankly I was surprised that the one who zipped first did because I thought for sure that it would be a different one that would have zipped first. The first one to zip was the 3rd that had pipped... go figure.... Since I'd started this posting a 2nd one hatched out & it was yet another that was one of the later that pipped. & the first 2 that pipped I can see are REAL excited still in their shells. LOL I'm working on some pics soon.
jumpy.gif

Ok sorry this took so long........ I did make the file for the picture smaller but I think this is still heavey for dial up users & I'm sorry if it's a problem for them, but this was the best I could do & still really see the picture. Now I hope I've done this right. LOL

1stchick-1.jpg

This was the first just hatched chick.

30minuteslater-1.jpg

Same chick 30 minutes later.

fixed-1.jpg

this is the 2nd just hatched chick.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
If you had to bust out of a shell using your nose you need a cup of Joe waiting for you too.
bun.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I was awake so late last night thanks so much for this laugh....

Quote:
I can't remember the number that goes with it (I was up real late again) but yes it's a LG still air. That's kind of how this all started because I had a kid beg me to buy one for him a few years back so he could try to hatch out some duck eggs & it was just sitting in the shed & I had all these eggs from my chickens & so........ well you see. & the cup/mug. well I put that in because someone said to use sponges for the humidity & that if I put a glass dish in their under it I could add to it through the hole when needed. I liked that idea but I'd thought if I used a shallow dish or bowl the chicks running around could fall in drownd etc so I used a mug that would be higher & the edge unreachable. This was a good thing because they truly do laps in that incubator. Oh yea I've now got 3 chicks & I'm *still waiting for the original 2 to completely zip out.....? They have been looking like they're going to zip out any sec. since last night & they can still be seen moving around but I'm still waiting for their zipping... LOL

Ok so I'm still with 3 chicks. Including the chicks already hatched I've a total of 8 that pipped with 2 of them having pipped last night around 10:00 pm. Now 1 of those 2 is peeping like crazy & I'm *still waiting for the original 2 pips to zip*. LOL It's crazy.

And now I've a question about the one's that haven't pipped at all yet. Does this mean they're just done? I'd had a lot of trouble with candling & had trouble seeing anything really except a "blob" & on a few some viening on the bottom & a bit of movement on others. But I think my question is how long do I go before I'm able to pull out the already hatched &/or how long do I give the others to show signs of life before being able to open the incubator? I think it's like 72 hours before they have to have water & food right? & so that would be tomorrow evening for the first one hatched.

Back
Top Bottom