18 Lavender Project Bearded Silkie eggs - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
This offering is for 18 eggs from my lavender project pen and I always include ample extras. Eggs will ship priority on Monday, 1/9. The lav project pen has 2 lavender cockerels with lav split and porcelain hens as well as one non-split buff hen so you could get lavender, porcelain, buff split to lavender or splits in various colors, including calico. To see some pics of the lavs and porcelains, go to this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=521456. I've just not taken many pics of the lavs from this pen because most of them are not for sale, but I have gotten some very nice lavenders, porcelains, splits, calicos, blacks and silver partridge youngsters. I've been asked why I call it a project pen and that is the reason - I can't guarantee what colors may hatch, but they will all be split to lavender:) The flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I do show my birds on a limited basis and in recent shows my birds won BB & RB (12/09), BB 4/10, BV blue, BV & RV buff, BV partridge & RV white in October 2010 and in April, at the Western Silkie Nationals, I placed Reserve Champion Silkie with a white pullet, Champion & reserve Champion trios (whites), RV splash, BV & RV partridge:). Hopefully I can get some pics from this show posted for coming auctions. Congratulations to Sandy at Bat Cave Silkies for winning BV and RV with her partridge she hatched from these eggs, Judy at Three Cedar Silkies, who recently took RV with a black pullet she hatched last June and Vanessa, who took home the Best of Breed win with a splash pullet at the Marietta, Ohio show this spring. The latest winners hatched from these eggs are a splash hen owned by Bobbi & her son in Maine, (Hoppy on BYC) multiple BV winner & Jr. Show Champion (twice!), a buff hen hatched by Christine Cole who took home the Reserve Champion Bantam title at the Deschutes county fair, and a splash hen owned by Christina in Illinois who recently took home the Reserve of Breed award in the Junior Silkie show:) Congratulations to everyone putting in the hard work of showing these birds. I've been getting some really nice chicks from these groups and all the birds pictured were hatched from the same breeding flocks your eggs will come from. My breeding silkies are carefully chosen for their own individual merits and even more importantly, their ability to produce quality offspring. I do pack eggs extremely well and my customers are reporting good success. A lot of my customers are returning for more eggs, which makes me very happy:) I cannot guarantee your hatch rate, but I will do everything in my power to get your eggs to you in good shape. Please be prepared to pay via paypal at auction's end - no e-checks please as they take too long to clear. Paypal to [email protected] and please include your phone no. for the box if you want to pick up your eggs at the po. You can see more of my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com.

Best of Breed, White pullet 12/09

Best of Breed, Splash pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

Reserve of Breed, Black pullet, 12/09

Best Variety, Partridge pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

Some of the youngsters:

Porcelain pair now owned by Kate in Maryland:

This young lady pictured below went on to place BV in her class at the tender age of 6 months at the PNPA show in April 2010.

The same chick as pictured above - a young man now. Congratulations to Jen in Oregon on her purchase of this beautiful cockerel:)

Hatched by Three Cedars Silkies in Florida:

Hatched by Jen in Ohio

Hatched by Christine in Oregon:

Teenagers:

The partridge cockerel pictured below was purchased by Michelle at Reese Poultry who showed him to a 2nd place at the Ohio nationals! Way to go Michelle:)

A stunning white cockerel hatched in March - watch for him at the shows!

Fighting the temptation!
barnie.gif

Why fight it? It just feels better to give in
wink.png

I had an excellent hatch rate on my NYD CatDance eggs. I hatched my first paint and first lav babies, in addition to black, white, buff, blue, splash and multiple porcelain. Super healthy babies with perfect little toes. Too cute for words!

Last edited:
Ya, I've given in to temptation way more than not! So stoked about my current Catdance hatch, why not more!
ya.gif

Quote:
I have 84 of these eggs right now... I certainly don't NEED more but I sure want more!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom