1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

18 things to teach your sons about women

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Boyd, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    all good points. and my Rick buys me shoes all the time. that's why he's awesome. that and he's a gentleman through and through.

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    4 & 5 are okay but far from the beginning of any recipe to a happy, healthy marriage....[​IMG] I don't see anything about worshipping the ground she walks on, or she is always right no matter what, or she can be cranky most of the month and it isn't pms related.....etc etc etc.....[​IMG]

Maybe the women on BYC should start our own list......anyone game??????

What should mom's teach their boys about women...........................................
    Anyone care to start????

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  4. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Yeah, but teaching your son that..... [​IMG]

hehehe kidding though, I see a lot of kids now a days with no manners. The guys show up at my house to take my daughter out and they won't talk unless you force them to, then they think it's great fun to be rude and crude. From a fathers perspective, thats my baby girl, you want to live for how long?

Just saying [​IMG]

5. Carolina

Carolina Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    Idaho
    For the other side, read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura. Wonderful!

6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking if Dr Laura knew anything about husbands she'd still be married-pass.
    The most important thing to teach a son about women is that no means no. Self-control goes a long way in showing a woman that you respect her.

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I agree. With my boys I focus on the basics......Gentleman like behavior has been shoved aside. It's disgusting the way guys ( not all) act these days around their girlfriends.

What ever happened to holding the doors for ladies, pulling out their chair, letting them go first, etc? I also stress to my boys that they excuse themselves to another room if they need to relieve some of their 'combustibles'...if you know what I mean. It's so disgusting to be out in public and you see guys burping and doing other unmentionables in front of his girfriend and laughing about it. Geez when did that become an acceptable form of 'wooing' a girl? [​IMG]

My kids are almost afraid to fall for someone and have to bring them here to meet me. I've told them I already have an 'application' for their potential suitor to fill out and am browsing the net for a polygraph tester. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  8. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Flowers? Candy? Please. Get me a TSC gift certificate.

9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I know, but you are a rather exceptional woman, not one easily found [​IMG]

10. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:I know, but you are a rather exceptional woman, not one easily found [​IMG]

hmm- I suppose that explains why I have been single since 1995.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by