18 Week old pullet moves fake eggs out off nesting box to sleep in it

Yeah, just cover them up if no one is laying. Once it's dark outside you can go out and put her on the roost if shes not in them. She shouldnt jump off if it's dark out.
i don't put them in the coop its a coop inside of a small fenced in area so should i close the sliding door at night so it gets dark inside of the coop ?

Do you have light shining in at night? That's not good for the birds.
Do you have light shining in at night? That's not good for the birds.
on tractor supply they have a chicken coop
Producer's Pride Sentinel Coop,
there a sliding door that keeps them on the inside of the chicken coop the only light they get is from the outside but at night there is no light but they can still see because its not fully dark

What are you using for a roost? She may not like what you are using.
The little coop I have came with a narrow roost bar that the chickens didn't like. I put in a 2x4 on its side, so they can sit on the 4" face.
i don't know the dimensions for the roost but when i tried taking them out to put something bigger it wouldn't budge but that might be why she doesn't like to roost

Mine were doing the same thing, so we would go in there with a flashlight once it was dark and stick them on the roosts instead. Typically, when it’s pitch dark, they won’t move once they’re placed there. It took several nights of this but they did eventually figure it out! Good luck!
thank you I'll go around 10 pm and see if they are on the roost and if not ill put them on there

i don't know the dimensions for the roost but when i tried taking them out to put something bigger it wouldn't budge but that might be why she doesn't like to roost

Is it screwed in? I assume you assembled this coop, do you still have assembly instructions?

You could possibly just attach a bigger roost on top of the existing one.

Back
Top Bottom