19 weeks old and not 1 but TWO first eggs laid today! Warning signs this morning!

AshleyBickle

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 14, 2012
Traverse City, MI
I have two isa browns and 1 barred rock. I wasn't expecting eggs for another couple weeks but surprise.... Got home from work and one of my isa browns laid not 1 BUT 2 eggs today. Was so excited but totally unprepared. We have had the nesting boxes blocked off until they were ready to use them.. Now a little worried that the isa who laid today wont use the boxes. Hope i'm wrong. Now that i see she laid eggs though it all makes sense. Yesterday morning and this morning she was up before i went to open their hen house for the day and my hens are never awake before i wake them.. then this morning i went to pet her and she squatted and stomped her feet.. Thought it was strange! But then i get home from work and she laid two eggs.. Totally unexpected to see any at all but two. Craziness!!

celebrate.gif
wowza, congrats :)

I have a friend with a polish hen that laid three eggs her first day. I thought he was lying. But it was true! Grats on your first eggs!!

Thanks everyone! I couldn't believe it either, thought someone was playing a joke on me but it's true! I felt like a proud parent! Haha, sending everyone messages and pictures. Lol ready for my other two to start now!

Back
Top Bottom