1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st and 2nd egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by brenda1988, Aug 11, 2014.

1. brenda1988

brenda1988 New Egg

Aug 11, 2014
    I was so pleasantly surprised this afternoon when I went to "The Coop" and saw not one but two eggs. This was the first eggs my hen(s) have laid. Now the puzzling part: I don't know if both eggs were laid by the same hen or different ones. I have two Black Sec Links, Henrietta and Clarice, that my mother-in-law purchased so I don't know how old they are, but I am certain Henrietta was ready to start laying. Since I checked on the chickens around 7 last night and then again tonight at 8:00 and there was 2 eggs, do you think they were both laid by the same hen?

2. brenda1988

brenda1988 New Egg

Aug 11, 2014
    *black sex links

3. bobshere

bobshere Chillin' With My Peeps

Anything is possible. I have one hen that lays every 24 hours or sometimes even before.. so if she laid after you checked at 7pm the day before and didnt check for another 25 hours then yes its possible.

4. brenda1988

brenda1988 New Egg

Aug 11, 2014
    I checked this morning around 7:45 and no egg [​IMG] so I'll see if I have one this afternoon. I am so excited that I finally got an egg! [​IMG]
    By the way, the advice on here is so helpful. Thanks for helping the "newbies" out! Now I'm waiting on my New Hampshires and Easter eggers to start (although it's not time yet).

5. acro1010

acro1010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2014
    No kidding this site is great for all the help available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by