1st egg - can I eat it?

Quote:
I did this w/ the 1st egg, although unintentionally - I was putting them in the fridge & it rolled off the egg carton & cracked. So I cracked it all the way into a bowl. It looks beautiful - orange, firm yolk.

So again, the question is about withdrawl periods if the chickens had been medicated? I know I've seen this information around, but I'm not sure how to search for it. I'll try some searches.

If they had been fed Medicated chick starter, I would wait 4 week, but if they had been given some other meds. you may need a longer withdraw time.
If you can call him and ask.

Last edited:
Debo's Chickens :

Quote:
I did this w/ the 1st egg, although unintentionally - I was putting them in the fridge & it rolled off the egg carton & cracked. So I cracked it all the way into a bowl. It looks beautiful - orange, firm yolk.

So again, the question is about withdrawl periods if the chickens had been medicated? I know I've seen this information around, but I'm not sure how to search for it. I'll try some searches.

most meds say a month till you can eat the eggs,,, some meds say NOT to give to laying hens ( eggs for consumption) ,, so i would read what the meds say,, each is different.​

Quote:
Theres just something about that line....LOL...
lau.gif

We got our first egg from our Speckled Sussex on Thanksgiving. I kid you not it was my son's 8th bday that day and he watched her lay it right on the patio.

We promptly added it to the stuffing. Yummm!

I got my first two eggs the past two days and then another today - We scrambled and divided the first two among the family members last night. No ill side affects - I sure hope it was ok! They were yummy!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom