1ST HATCH STARTED TODAY!

ejstoner

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
THE FIRST OF 17 CHICKS HATCHED TODAY--ON DAY 19. I DONT KNOW WHEN THE OTHERS WILL START TO HATCH, BUT IM EXCITED!IS IT UNUSUAL TO GET ONE CHICK THAT HATCHES THIS EARLY??

NO NOT REALLY, ABOUT 99 TO 100, MAYBE THERE WAS A FEW TIMES WHEN IT HIT 101. BUT NOW MORE ARE STARTING TO PIP

I FORGET TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HATCH. I FEEL LIKE A LITTLE KID!!

Im sorry, I keep them on because I'm lazy and not a very good typist. Again my apologies.

These are a mix of RI reds and Barred rocks. This is the first time I've hatched out my own eggs in 15 years. The 1st time I tried it, it was a disaster. This time I used my incubator and a friends turner. Plus I got a thermometer with a humidity reading. Right now I've got 2 chix out, and 3 piping. This is still very early. Friday was suppossed to be hatch day 21. I wonder if the eggs started to develop before I got them. A
friend gave them to me. These are all full sized birds

I set them on friday 2/27. We appear to have a problem with one of the chix. Part of his body seems to be hanging out of it. I dont think this one will make it.I was prepared for something like this. After all mother nature isnt always perfect. No pic yet. I dont want to disturb them too much

Back
Top Bottom