1st time hatching...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tlcorley, Oct 8, 2009.

1. tlcorley

tlcorley In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    near Tulsa, Oklahoma
    So the final count is 16 chicks out of 24 eggs, i still have 8 in the incubator, but am losing hope that they will hatch. it's just getting to late i think. but 16 babies is a good amount i think. We are very happy. and my husband has dubbed me "the crazy chicken lady" i will wear that name proudly.[​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:Isn't it funny, I think all our DH get together and say lets call our wifes Crazy chicken ladies. LOL

Congrads on you chicks and PLEASE Don't forget to show us some pics.

3. tlcorley

tlcorley In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    near Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sorry it took so long to get photos up, i am having a hard time figuring it all out.

First 2 to hatch...so cool, i have never seen this happen in real life before.
    [​IMG]

Final count 16 chicks out of 24 eggs. Not too bad for a beginner.

[​IMG]

Thanks for all your help when I needed it. Keep an eye out for me, I am so new at this chicken stuff Im sure I will need help again...

byw i am in love with the whole idea of having chickens in my backyard. its great:love

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Great job! So how many days did it take to hatch these 16 out? I have one that hatched this morining on day 21 so fingers crossed I get a couple more anyway. My second chicken hatch but the first one went bad. I thnk the humidity drowned them. Heard cheeping for 2 days then nothing.

Hope this one is better. I worry about the humidity so much.

So are you addicted and ready for another round already? I am saving eggs to put in after this hatch!

5. tlcorley

tlcorley In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    near Tulsa, Oklahoma
    they did start piping on day 20 and the last one hatched on day 21(late evening) from about 2pm on day 20 til late evening on day 21 the hatching seemed to fly by.

I hope your hatch goes well.

I am addicted, but not sure i have room for more hatching. we'll see how things go in the next few weeks.

6. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Songster

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I just put my batch of 6 in yesterday. This will also be my first time. Hope all goes well!! Congrats to all of you with new little ones! Soon i'll be able to post pics of my new ones.(if all goes well) Wish me luck....[​IMG]

Addicted to say the least! All my friend on facebook now call me the chicken lady. All I post is pics and stuff about my silkies on there. I am a chicken lady and proud to be!!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  7. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:WISHING YOU LUCK!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: