1st time with a Broody Hen

Ok that's what I was thinking. Also wondering about food for them. I don't have any chick feed on hand, when will they need food.
While they ‘can’ go for 3 days before needed food and water, I make it available right away. Rather than separating them completely in a different coop, I like to separate them within the coop for a week or so, then let Mama (with all her protective broody hormones) integrate them into the flock. Then they can learn all the proper chicken manners while Mama is still interested in them.

While they ‘can’ go for 3 days before needed food and water, I make it available right away. Rather than separating them completely in a different coop, I like to separate them within the coop for a week or so, then let Mama (with all her protective broody hormones) integrate them into the flock. Then they can learn all the proper chicken manners while Mama is still interested in them.
Alright, we are picking some up now just trying to figure out a set up that will work best for us

Back
Top Bottom