1st Timer w/ ?s

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mylilchix, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I set up my new LG Still Air bator yesterday. Got the temp to stay steady, added water, and got the humidity to stabilize at around 40%. I added the eggs an hour ago, and the humidity has jumped to around 50%. Should I try to adjust the humidity or just leave it alone? I was reading that you shouldn't adjust temp the first day, but what about humidity? Thanks for the help!!

Sonja

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    just leave it be. i have two LG's that i keep going all the time, and i try to keep my humidty at 30 to 40% for days 1-18, and 45 to 55% days 18- till all hatch. at hatch do not open the bator till all chicks have hatched, ( the chicks can live in bator for three days with out food or water) this is the way i do it william

3. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the advice! I'll behave and stop checking for a bit. I'm just praying we get a decent 1st hatch.

Sonja

4. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    you will get a good hatch, i hatch about 100 to 150 eggs a month in my bators,and have about a 95% hatch rate. if i can help you with ? just pm me william

5. robot rooster

robot rooster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2009
    I have a question...what do you do with the eggs while you are waiting to but them in the incubator? Do you just add them each day they are laid until there are enough in there?

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    save for 7 days in an egg carton, small end down, at 60*, turning the carton at a 45 * angle 3 x a day

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by