1st Try No luck :( 16 and 0

firemedic_2040

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Capon Bridge, WV
Wife and I are heart broken. It was our 1st attempt with eggs and had 16buff Orph eggs. Out of the 16 it looked like 12 were doing good when candled and up to lockdown. Hatch (day21) was on the 21st and to date nothing. We used a freinds still air bator and auto egg turner. Temp was stable at 100 and humidity was prefect every time we checked. We are going to pull the plug on the 25th as we can't take it much longer. We were so looking forward to chicks. To make things worse we had to get dog food and went to tractor supply store not thinking........and they had all sorts of ducks and little mixed peepers and chicks. Thought the wife was going to tear up before we got out of the store.

We are still tryng to figure out what happened, we have the bator on a card table in the living room. She is heart set of Buff Orph's so I am working to try and get her some day olds shipped ASAP but looks like end of April or May is the earliest i can find avaliable.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for anwsering my questions during this attempt even thought we messed up some where along the line was nice to have you all anwser our questions no matter how simple.

Oh no! I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif
I'm on my first try now and will cry if none hatch. I think I've read with the still air temp should be 101.5 so maybe your temp was a little low and they're just slow???? Maybe hopefully! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all hope is not lost. Good luck!!
fl.gif

Day 21 is a little early to give up all hope. I have seen many posts about hatches up to day 25. I've even seen a couple of reports of day 26 and 27 hatches.
I'll send you some good hatching vibes.
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Dont give up possibly just slow.. If all were developing at 12 days and you didnt have a major interuption in power and all some should atleast make it to pip I would think!!
fl.gif

Better than my first attempt. I went 43 and 1. Bob was the only one who hatched and the little guy held his own for a week and then died. A few days before lockdown we candled and had 5 or 6 eggs with chicks moving in them but none made it. Bob wasn't one of them.

A crappy incubator can cause these kinds of results. Immediately I went and bought a better one than I was using.

Hate to see it happen to others.

Back
Top Bottom