1st Try No luck :( 16 and 0

I would at least candle them all and look for movement before discarding. Temp was low for still air. They might still be OK.
fl.gif

Hmm the directions with the bator had said 99.5 but I guess that is just our inexpereince. I will have the wife candle them and see if anything is going on movement wise.

Should I have her do it now or wait til a few more days?

there's the float test option too.

that's floating the eggs in a bowl of 100 degree water.
put the eggs in when any motion in the water stops and depending on how far they sink down in the water, they're still viable
also if the eggs are moving, they're on their way to hatching

How about the float test?? I've only read about it but seems like a better solution than cracking one open maybe????
hu.gif
I'm hoping an experienced person can tell you just how to do it!

Dont give up just yet. I was ready to but waited. I had only one silkie hatch out of six but mumbles is doing well at 19 days old. It was my first time hatching. I currently have 10 silkie eggs in the bator and lockdown is one week from today. I had to pull 2 eggs earlier as they were clear otherwise there would be 12. I opened the ones that didnt hatch the first time to see why they didnt hatch. I have adjusted my humidity and kept the temp at a constant so I am hoping the second time is a charm. I know how upsetting it is when they dont hatch but dont stop trying.

Don't give up on them yet! My very first hatch I didn't think any would hatch but I waited until Day 26 and we got three little chicks. Candle them to see if there is any movement.

Back
Top Bottom