1yr old B.O hen, stopped everything. please reply.

How old is she? What do her poops look like? Have you tried feeding her some vitamins and probiotics? Treating for possible coccidiosis and worms might also benefit her. I would separate her and offer some scrambled egg, wet chicken feed, and alternate with canned catfood or tuna. I have had a couple of low pecking order hens in the past who were too meek to get to the food and water, even with multiple feed stations in and outside the coop and run.

How old is she? What do her poops look like? Have you tried feeding her some vitamins and probiotics? Treating for possible coccidiosis and worms might also benefit her. I would separate her and offer some scrambled egg, wet chicken feed, and alternate with canned catfood or tuna. I have had a couple of low pecking order hens in the past who were too meek to get to the food and water, even with multiple feed stations in and outside the coop and run.
For you I will repeat myself. 1 yr old B.O. stopped laying, stopped being friendly, stopped eating and drinking, I feed her thru a syringe now. and she stays with me away from the flock.

I trust your opinion, after all, you are British are you not? I will do the worm regiment! thanks

I am indeed British. :) I had a bantam hen a couple of weeks ago behaving similarly to what you describe. She stopped eating and drinking on her own and was having diarrhea. I gave her water several times a day with a pipette and mashed pellets up with yoghurt and put them in her beak until she swallowed it. She had worms moving in her droppings so I gave her Flubenvet (it probably has a different name in the US) and she has since recovered.

If you do worm her you should be sure to worm all of your other chickens too.

I am indeed British. :) I had a bantam hen a couple of weeks ago behaving similarly to what you describe. She stopped eating and drinking on her own and was having diarrhea. I gave her water several times a day with a pipette and mashed pellets up with yoghurt and put them in her beak until she swallowed it. She had worms moving in her droppings so I gave her Flubenvet (it probably has a different name in the US) and she has since recovered.

If you do worm her you should be sure to worm all of your other chickens too.
Thank you dear friend, Yes, I'm from California, but during the obama administration, I did try to defect to England. Council had a cheeky laugh at that one!

Back
Top Bottom