2.5 week old chick bleeding

ckalisz

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Had my chicks in thier fenced in play area today and they escaped. One was/is pretty bloody on side of face. Not sure if she was cut on fence trying to escape or something else. I washed it as best as I could and seperated her for about an hour. She seems fine and it looks like a couple of small gouges around her eye. I just put her back with the group so I can see their interaction and all seems fine. It still seems to be bleeding a bit is there anything else I should do or just wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should keep it clean and wait it out.

Watch carefully and make sure that the other chicks dont peck at her. Chickens are attracted to blood.... like sharks.... *Jaws theme*

Sorry. Never mind.

Anyway, like I said, keep it clean and it shouldnt be too bad of an issue.

- TheChickenMomma

PS: Dont spam! People will answer sooner than you think, and spamming doesnt help.

I ended up putting her Ina cat carrier to keep her seperated. She really hasn't done anything but sleep but she's alive still. I just hope she eats and drinks soon. She was cut up pretty bad

Well it's been 24 hours now and she is about the same, no worse no better. Basically stands in the box n sleeps. I got a eye dropper n forced some water in her. Also took a pop cap n put some food with water to soften it. Not sure how I'm going to force feed that.

Oh n I didn't get any savachick cuz I wasn't sure about mixing a gallon of water for a few drops for one chick

You should get some, anyway. You might be able to sell the rest of the container to someone.

You can just make some mushy liquid with the chick feed. Or get some chick-friendly vegetables/fruits and make a smoothie or juice them if you have a juicer. Just make sure you are only the edible parts.

Here is how she looks

ehuna3ud.jpg

Still spending most her time standing up sleeping. Using an eye dropper to force some water n soupy food in her

Back
Top Bottom