2.5 Week old chick walking strangely

Awesome, thanks for everything, and I will definitely keep everyone posted. Here's hoping! <3

That is one gorgeous chick! Even if you don't see a lot of signs of cocci in other poop you should treat the whole flock, as by the time you see lots of bloody poop the infection has taken hold. From what I understand corid is one of the 'gentler' cocci treatments. Very effective, but not so harsh on the body (as antibiotics tend to be) so it won't hurt to treat everyone regardless.
Keep us updated on your beautiful boys and girls.

Okay, so it seems like they are doing a lot better today. Yesterday I was worried because the lavender orpington seemed worse, but today they both seem quite a bit better, and there was even a bit of flapping here and there :) They are both a little behind the others in development, though, and that has me a little worries, here's hoping they catch up!

Thank you!! I love their sweet little faces :D And Thank you for the advice, I do have everyone on the full dose of corid, and will keep them on it the full time. I want to make sure I'm as thorough as possible, I've put a TON of effort in to taming these guys, and losing them would be devastating <3

Okay, so knock on wood and fingers crossed, but it looks like they're going to be just fine :D Today is day four of the Corid, and every day they have gotten better and better. They're now back in with the others and holding their own. Eating great and very active. Of course still going to complete the Corid treatment :) The Lavender Orpington seems to be bouncing back growth-wise, and Scout is looking better, and feels a little heavier :) Thanks again for the advice, everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom