2.5 week old Rhode Island Red sleeping standing up

s_table

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2020
She seems to be eating and drinking fine. Most of the time she is with the rest of the flock but has been standing pretty upright and then will just close her eyes and seem to fall asleep. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 8CE1A1C9-84C6-410D-8AAC-693DBCE08B5E.jpeg
    8CE1A1C9-84C6-410D-8AAC-693DBCE08B5E.jpeg
    901.1 KB · Views: 8
The smaller one on the right? Droopy-eyed, semi-lethargic, not a good sign. The chick appears a bit behind in size. It may indicate a failure to thrive condition. Does it ever run around and play with the others? Have you been able to observe its poop?

Does it chirp loudly a lot, perhaps when it poops? You might want to observe it some more to answer these questions.

The smaller one on the right? Droopy-eyed, semi-lethargic, not a good sign. The chick appears a bit behind in size. It may indicate a failure to thrive condition. Does it ever run around and play with the others? Have you been able to observe its poop?

Does it chirp loudly a lot, perhaps when it poops? You might want to observe it some more to answer these questions.
I went out and took a look at her..I think this photo makes her appear smaller than she is. She might be a smidge smaller than the other Rhode Island Red but not by too much. She does run around and play just fine but hasn’t as much today. I haven’t been able to observe poop. its hard for me to tell them apart but I’m almost certain this is the same one that had a prolapsed vent last week but it went away. She is chirping but not loudly. I’ll try to take her aside tomorrow and monitor her poop and see what I can find out! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom